New Year's Eve is just around the corner and you don't have any plans. Don't be bummed. NYE is overhyped and overpriced anyways. Did you really want to spend $100 to get into a crowded club just to spend another $50 on drinks? Nope. Personally, I like staying in and spending it with people I like. Here's a few tips for a last minute NYE at home celebrations:
1. The Crew: Make sure the people you are with are people you like. It could be as many as 20 or as low as 4. It's all about the quality. People can make a huge difference in social situations. Be with friends or family that have positive energy and go with the flow and you're bound to have fun.
2. The Attire: Dress up. Who cares if you're not out around town? If you look good, you feel good. Wear that sparkly something and put on that NYE party crown.
3. The Decor: Stick with a color scheme. Perhaps black and gold? I found inexpensive decorations at my local HomeGoods! Or make a quick stop at the dollar store and Party City. Don't go overboard. A "Happy New Year" banner and some festive tableware will do.
4. The Snacks & Drinks: Head to your favorite grocery store and pick up a few bites. Trader Joe's has great frozen hor d'oeuvres at a great price that you can just stick in the oven and cook within 25 minutes. No need to provide a full sit down meal when you should have your NYE party start later (8 or 9pm). Midnight toast is a must. Pro tip: you don't need a Costco card to buy alcohol at Costco. Costco has great deals on wine and liquor. Just let them know at the front that's all you're buying and the'll let you right in. Plus, you can eat all the samples while you shop.
5. The Music: Create your own playlist or play a pre-prepared one from Spotify or Amazon Prime. Keep it upbeat and fun or play some classic Frank Sinatra. Side note: if you have Amazon Prime, did you know you have access to tons of music without commercials? Just download the Amazon music app and log in with your prime account.
6. The Activities: Get out whatever game you have at home: Jenga, playing cards, board games. No game at home? Make your own game of charades by writing movies, shows, or just random things on pieces of paper. Mix it up. Each person picks from the pile and acts it out.
Whatever you do, be sure to ring in the new year with positive attitude and the energy you want to attract. Happy New Year!
Xo Seldomly Still