5 Ways to Enjoy Girl Time Without Breaking the Bank
Girl friend dates are very needed. However, I'm not always up for going out to a bar or expensive dinner on a Saturday night. Here are a few ideas to enjoy some girl time with your gal pals, while still saving some money:
1. Take a Long Walk: There are tons of cool neighborhoods to explore. Walk and talk. It's a great way to get some conversations going while still getting in those steps. Some neighborhoods I would recommend are Sunset Cliffs, South Park, and Bankers Hill. I love to look at the homes and discuss the architecture. Maybe even daydream about living in one of the beautiful properties. Walk from Downtown San Diego to Bankers Hill or Hillcrest and pass some beautiful sights along the way like the Embarcadero, Balboa Park, and Spruce Street Bridge. Best of all: it's free.
2. Get Your Caffeine Fix: Explore a new coffee shop or cafe and meet your girlfriends there. Coffee and tea are inexpensive and still totally Instagram worthy. My ultimate girl spots are Parakeet Cafe, Holy Matcha, Little Lion, and Communal Coffee. Combine this with a long walk (see above) and your morning or afternoon just went from great to amazing.
3. Watch a Movie & Drink Wine: Actual theater tickets can be pricey ($20+!). Head to The Pearl in Point Loma and catch a classic or cult movie for FREE every Wednesday night. Buy a bottle of wine to share and you're set! Seating fills up quickly, so make a reservation at least a week in advance. If you want to be uber comfy, turn on Netflix and open up a bottle of wine at home. Watch it in sweats and lather on some face masks.
4. Namaste with your Girls: You don't have to go to a studio to participate in a yoga class. You can find many free or donation based classes through Meetup.com. A popular class happens every Sunday at Balboa Park by 6th Avenue and Laurel Street at 11am. It's free! There are also a few classes that take place on the cliffs in Sunset Cliffs that I have enjoyed, which are either free or require a small donation $5-$10. Grab a juice or smoothie after class while you catch up with your girls. Juice Alchemy hits the spot if you're in the Balboa Park Area.
5. Be Socialites & Find a Fun Event: San Diego has plenty of events to keep you busy. There are so many that cost a minimal fee or nothing at all. Have a hard time finding events you will enjoy? Instead of searching and scouring for unique happenings, just check my Instagram @seldomlystill for a variety of events that won't cost an arm and a leg. Every Thursday I post a Weekend Itinerary to share unique functions for you.
You don't always need to drop some serious cash on trendy restaurants and bars. You can have an enjoyable time anywhere as long as you are around a positive and supportive girl gang. Be sure to hashtag #seldomlystill to share your girl dates with me! I'd love to see all the fun!