Bankers Hill is the most centrally located neighborhood in all of San Diego, so no wonder it has some pretty cool spots. Take a look below for 11 things to discover in this amazing community:
1. Brunch at Banker's Hill Bar + Restaurant: The ambiance is just right, the food is delicious, and the drinks are on point. Try the chilaquiles for Sunday brunch.
Address: 2202 4th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Hours: Su10am-2pm (brunch), 4:30pm-9:30pm, M-Th 4:30pm-9:30pm, F-Sa 4:30pm-10:30pm, Bar opened late
4. Have a healthy pick me up at Juice Alchemy: The small juice bar offers a variety of health consious juices and smoothies at a reasonable price. They even have coffee for those who need their caffeine fix.
Address: 3156 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
Hours: M-F 8am-6pm, Sa-Su 9am-5pm
5. Transport to Europe at Cafe Bassam: Walk into this cafe and you will feel like you've stepped into another country. Order a tea. It's what they are known for and there are a variety of loose leaf teas to choose from. Need a drink late night? no problem. It's open until midnight every night.
Address: 3088 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
Hours: M-Su 8:30am-12am
6. Get dinner at Azuki Sushi: It's an energetic restaurant with quality sushi and good prices. Catch their happy hour M-F 5pm-6:30pm. Pro tip: sit at the bar. It's a lot more fun to ask the sushi chefs what their favorite menu items are.
Address: 2321 5th Ave. San Diego, CA 92101
Hours: M-F 11:30am-2pm, 5pm-10pm, Sa-Sun 5pm-10pm
3. Visit Mr. A's for drinks at sunset: It's the best view in the city and at golden hour, it's even better. Ask to go on the patio for a drink. Pro tip: dress up a little. It's not a casual place.
Address: 2550 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
Hours: M-F 11:30-9, Sa 5pm-9:30pm, Su 10am-9pm
7. Shop Local at Thread + Seed: It's newly opened and the aesthetic is clean and fresh. They carry a well rounded array of products from home decor, to gourmet jams, to beauty products. It's a thoughtfully curated shop to get a thoughtful gift for someone.
Address: 2870 Fourth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
Hours: M-Sun 9am-6pm
8. Have some late night fun at Imperial House: One side is a restaurant, but the other side is a lively piano bar that includes some unique people watching. Head there late night on a Friday or Saturday and catch a local celebrity, Rick Lyons, on the piano playing all your favorite throwback songs.
Address: 505 Kalmia St, San Diego, CA 92101
Hours: Tu-Th 4pm-10:30pm, F-Sa 4pm-2am
2. Walk across the Spruce Street Bridge: The historic bridge in San Diego is a little hidden gem. However, people are catching on to this little secret. The suspension bridge does make for a dreamy photo.
Address: W Spruce St, San Diego, CA 92103
Hours: Open everyday from 6am-10pm
9. Stuff your face with delicious desserts at Extraordinary Desserts: The desserts are so beautifully decorated, you don't want to actually eat them. However, they are just as tasty as they look. Split a passionfruit mango cheesecake with a friend. You won't regret it.
Address: 2929 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103
Hours: M-Th 8:30am-11pm, F 8:30am-12am, Sa 10am-12am, Su 10am-11pm
10. Grab wine at Wet Stone Wine Bar + Cafe: This small intimate space is a wine lover's dream. The staff are knowledgable about their wines, so feel free to get recommendations. Wet Stone is perfect for date night as the dim lighting adds a certain romantic element.
Address: 1927 Fourth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
Hours: Tu-F 11am-2pm, 5pm-10pm, Sa 5pm-10pm, Su 4pm-9pm
11. Balboa Park (Duh!): It's one of the most beautiful parks in the nation, so take advantage of it. There's so much to see and do. You can spend a whole day at the museums, gardens, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Some of my favorites in Balboa Park are the botanical and cactus gardens, seeing theatre at The Old Globe, and hanging out at Panama 66.
Address: 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
If you decide to take any of my recommendations, don't forget to tag #seldomlystill, so I can see all the fun you are having!
Please note: Links are included for each place.